Southern Californians are implementing innovative policies, including SB 375 and Measure R, to redirect growth patterns in the region and improve public health, social equity, sustainability and quality of life measures.
Take part in a knowledge exchange presented by Southern California Grantmakers, the California Community Foundation, The California Endowment, the Liberty Hill Foundation and the Funders' Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities. During this meeting, participants will exchange information and explore how grantmakers can ensure that plans for new transit and development in Southern California will benefit the entire region and the communities we serve.
This meeting marks the second convening of a new funder working group committed to identifying funding needs and opportunities, learning together, aligning funds and coordinating action. Meeting objectives include:
- form a working group of funders interested in creating healthy, equitable and sustainable communities in Southern California;
- continue to learn more about each other’s work and identify areas of alignment and synergy;
- create common goals and objectives for our work together;
- identify projects to work on collaboratively; and
- discuss how we want to work together.
If you have any questions, please contact Nina Bohlen, western program consultant, Funders' Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities, at (510) 444-5542.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
California Community Foundation
221 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Register directly through the Funders' Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities.
Who May Attend:
Current SCG members and grantmakers eligible for SCG membership. For eligibility requirements, click here.