Chief Program Officer
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA)
3 weeks 3 days ago
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) seeks motivated professionals who want to use their talents and skills to make a difference. Our 750+ FTE staff are adaptive problem solvers and passionate about enriching people’s lives. If you are mission-driven, dedicated to superior service and support, and can diligently work independently and in a collaborative environment, join our team. LAHSA is leading the fight to end homelessness in LA County. Here, not only would your work have a real impact on the community, but we also offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Created in 1993, LAHSA is a joint powers authority of the city and county of Los Angeles. As the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care, we coordinate and manage over $800 million annually in federal, state, county, and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing, and services to people experiencing homelessness. The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will position LAHSA to hold and refine the homeless rehousing system vision, oversee system-wide strategy deployment, and enhance internal and external accountability through management of system-wide planning and performance functions.
Reporting to the CEO of LAHSA, the CPO will lead all programmatic operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead LAHSA’s programmatic operations, which includes:
- Manage LAHSA’s programmatic directors overseeing the following departments:
- Access and Engagement, Interim Housing, Permanent Housing, Funding and Allocations, Systems & Planning, Data Management, and Information Technology
- Identify programmatic opportunities and priorities:
- Coordinate program development with the LAHSA Commission, federal, State, County and City partners, community providers and people with lived experience
- Analyze service performance on the program, community, and system level
- Utilize service delivery outcomes and data to drive program development
- Incorporate program/policy work into funder agreements, procurement, and contracting processes.
- Ensure programmatic strategic alignment throughout all organizational levels
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of LAHSA and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven management experience within a complex organization and a demonstrated ability to lead and build the competencies of a motivated and diverse team. The successful candidate will have management experience within a large public sector, or non-profit organization. Additional requirements are:
- Results-driven – history of exceeding goals and a value-added orientation
- Strategic Vision and Agility – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate within the organizational plan
- Capacity Building – skilled in effectively building staff capacity and developing a forward-thinking workforce
- Leadership, Organization, and Large-Scale Management – experience leading a large diverse team with exceptional capacity for managing people to success
- Knowledge of systems and programs that impact the homeless continuum of care, funding sources, regulations, requirements, and procedures
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Ability to enforce fair and equitable processes, decisions, and determinations in compliance with Federal, state and local funding laws, rules, and regulations
Training & Experience
- Solid professional experience and educational background.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; MPA, MPP, MSW, MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired.
- Any combination of extensive and applicable work experience and educational credentials performing the above duties successfully.
- The Executive Director or designee may change the schedule of positions between remote, hybrid and onsite, as necessary to accomplish LAHSA business.
Salary & Benefits
Medical Insurance LAHSA pays a portion of the premiums for medical for all full-time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the difference in the premiums through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. Medical plans are administered through ADP Total Source. The following are enrollment options: Medical HMO/PPO: Kaiser Permanente, Aetna Dental Insurance LAHSA pays a portion of the premiums for selected dental benefits for all full-time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the difference in the premiums through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. Dental plans are administered through ADP Total Source. The following are enrollment options: Dental HMO/PPO: Guardian Dental VSP Vision Plan LAHSA offers this voluntary comprehensive vision plan to all full-time employees through ADP TotalSource. It includes yearly comprehensive exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. AFLAC Supplemental Insurance LAHSA offers this voluntary supplemental insurance to all full-time employees. Plan options include personal accident, personal cancer indemnity, personal short-term disability, and personal life insurance plans. Most premiums are pre taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. ADP Flexible Spending Accounts LAHSA offers employees this voluntary flexible spending account plan through ADP TotalSource. Employees may elect to participate in dependent care or health care expense accounts. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bimonthly payroll deductions. Life Insurance LAHSA pays 100% of the premium for $50,000 basic life insurance coverage through ADP. Voluntary Group Life Insurance LAHSA offers employees this voluntary group life insurance through Lincoln Financial. Employees may elect to participate in dependent care or health care expense accounts. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bimonthly payroll deductions. Long Term Disability LAHSA pays 100% of the premium for long term disability coverage through ADP. Pension Plan LAHSA provides a 401A pension plan through Lincoln Financial. After 6 months of employment, employees are eligible for contributions of 5% of the employee’s salary with a qualification date of 500 hours or 6 months after the date of hire. Deferred Compensation Plan LAHSA provides a 457 Deferred Compensation plan through Lincoln Financial. Employees may elect to defer up to IRS maximum limit per year of their earned salary for income tax purposes. Time Off Administrative Leave Executive Director, chiefs, and directors receive five (5) days of admin leave each calendar year in addition to the time-off below. Vacation Vacation is earned according to each month of service commencing with the employee’s initial date of hire.
- Less than five (5) years of employment, eighty (80) hours per year.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of employment, one hundred twenty (120) hours per year.
- More than ten (10) years of employment, the one hundred twenty (120) hour total shall be supplemented by one (1) workday of paid leave for each twelve (12) months greater than one hundred twenty (120) months of employment. This vacation accrual is capped at twenty (20) workdays per year
Maximum accrual of vacation leave is 200 hours. Sick Leave Full-time employees accrue sick leave at a rate of 12 days per year. Maximum accrual of sick leave is 160 hours. Paid Holidays All employees receive the following observed company holidays off:
|New Year’s Day Martin Luther King Jr. Day President’s Day Cesar Chavez Day Memoria Day Juneteenth Independence Day||Labor Day Indigenous People’s Day Veteran’s Day Thanksgiving Day Day After Thanksgiving Christmas day|
In addition to the above holidays, full-time regular employees who have completed their 1-year introductory period are entitled to two (2) “Floating Holidays” during the calendar year.
Los Angeles, CA
$156,782.41 - $235,173.62
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lahsa/jobs/4023094/chief-program-officer?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs