Manager, Access & Engagement (SPA 6, 8, & HOST)
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Job Summary
- The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) seeks motivated professionals who want to use their talents and skills to make a difference. Our 750+ FTE staff are adaptive problem solvers and passionate about enriching people’s lives. If you are mission-driven, dedicated to superior service and support, can diligently work independently and in a collaborative environment, join our team. LAHSA is leading the fight to end homelessness in LA County. Here, not only would your work have a real impact on the community, but we also offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Created in 1993, LAHSA is a joint powers authority of the city and county of Los Angeles. As the lead agency in the HUD-funded Los Angeles Continuum of Care, we coordinate and manage over $800 million annually in federal, state, county, and city funds for programs providing shelter, housing, and services to people experiencing homelessness. Under direction of the Access & Engagement Director, the Access & Engagement Manager is responsible for management and oversight of day-to-day operations carried out by street-based homeless outreach teams. The Manager will ensure that LAHSA outreach staff are properly trained, equipped, and strategically deployed to ensure homeless individuals and families are provided opportunities to end their current homeless situation through available resources. They will track team performance and provide support to teams. SPA 6: South L.A. SPA 8: South Bay & Harbor HOST: Works alongside LASD- HOST; also works countywide, unincorporated areas
- Essential Job Functions
- Train and mentor outreach staff in outreach best practices, interpersonal skills, motivational interviewing, healthy boundaries, street-based safety, trauma informed care, among other areas.
- Assist Director in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures
- Oversee, promote and maintain a high level of performance per contractual requirements
- Manage and coordinate all department functions related to staff and outreach performance
- Ensure staff participation in and understanding of the Coordinated Entry System (CES), including attendance in community meetings/events, joint outreach events, outreach team coordination, use of CES tools, referral processes, etc.
- Assist Director in report development and submission per contractual requirements
- Maintain professional relationships with City and County Departments and community groups
- Assist Director in leading weekly/monthly departmental meetings and staff trainings
- Manage and coordinate staff schedules and reports on staff work performance
- Provide updates and special reports to the Director upon request
- Oversee the purchase of program and client supplies and approve expenditures per contractual requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be computer literate and have good communications skills.
- Applicants must be able to display a successful track record of managing staff and projects and should possess a positive attitude, the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations, be energetic and independent and have strong leadership skills.
- Prior experience working with street-based teams.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking and writing skills are strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and time-management skills
- Requires experience in staff management, development and supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to develop a diverse group of team members and leverage their strengths
- Ability to inspire, motivate, build relationships with, and lead teams
- Strong work ethic that serves as example in the department
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, independent judgment
- Ability to work well independently and in groups
- Creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of LAHSA's HMIS
- Training & Experience
- Proven professional experience and educational background.
- The Executive Director or designee may change the schedule of positions between remote, hybrid and onsite, as necessary to accomplish LAHSA business.
Salary & Benefits
Medical Insurance LAHSA pays a portion of the premiums for medical for all full-time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the difference in the premiums through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. Medical plans are administered through ADP Total Source. The following are enrollment options: Medical HMO/PPO: Kaiser Permanente, Aetna Dental Insurance LAHSA pays a portion of the premiums for selected dental benefits for all full-time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the difference in the premiums through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. Dental plans are administered through ADP Total Source. The following are enrollment options: Dental HMO/PPO: Guardian Dental VSP Vision Plan LAHSA offers this voluntary comprehensive vision plan to all full-time employees through ADP TotalSource. It includes yearly comprehensive exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. AFLAC Supplemental Insurance LAHSA offers this voluntary supplemental insurance to all full-time employees. Plan options include personal accident, personal cancer indemnity, personal short-term disability, and personal life insurance plans. Most premiums are pre taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bi-monthly payroll deductions. ADP Flexible Spending Accounts LAHSA offers employees this voluntary flexible spending account plan through ADP TotalSource. Employees may elect to participate in dependent care or health care expense accounts. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bimonthly payroll deductions. Life Insurance LAHSA pays 100% of the premium for $50,000 basic life insurance coverage through ADP. Voluntary Group Life Insurance LAHSA offers employees this voluntary group life insurance through Lincoln Financial. Employees may elect to participate in dependent care or health care expense accounts. All premiums are pre-taxed and paid 100% by the employee through automatic bimonthly payroll deductions. Long Term Disability LAHSA pays 100% of the premium for long term disability coverage through ADP. Pension Plan LAHSA provides a 401A pension plan through Lincoln Financial. After 6 months of employment, employees are eligible for contributions of 5% of the employee’s salary with a qualification date of 500 hours or 6 months after the date of hire. Deferred Compensation Plan LAHSA provides a 457 Deferred Compensation plan through Lincoln Financial. Employees may elect to defer up to IRS maximum limit per year of their earned salary for income tax purposes. Time Off Administrative Leave Executive Director, chiefs, and directors receive five (5) days of admin leave each calendar year in addition to the time-off below. Vacation Vacation is earned according to each month of service commencing with the employee’s initial date of hire.
- Less than five (5) years of employment, eighty (80) hours per year.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of employment, one hundred twenty (120) hours per year.
- More than ten (10) years of employment, the one hundred twenty (120) hour total shall be supplemented by one (1) workday of paid leave for each twelve (12) months greater than one hundred twenty (120) months of employment. This vacation accrual is capped at twenty (20) workdays per year
Maximum accrual of vacation leave is 200 hours. Sick Leave Full-time employees accrue sick leave at a rate of 12 days per year. Maximum accrual of sick leave is 160 hours. Paid Holidays All employees receive the following observed company holidays off:
|New Year’s Day Martin Luther King Jr. Day President’s Day Cesar Chavez Day Memoria Day Juneteenth Independence Day||Labor Day Indigenous People’s Day Veteran’s Day Thanksgiving Day Day After Thanksgiving Christmas day|
In addition to the above holidays, full-time regular employees who have completed their 1-year introductory period are entitled to two (2) “Floating Holidays” during the calendar year. Updated 08/01/2022
$82,096.09 - $119,039.33 Annually
How to Apply
To apply, please got ohttps://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lahsa/jobs/4014035/manager-access-engagement-spa-6-8-host